Babae para sa Kaunlaran or BABAE KA has
evolved from being a cause-oriented civil society organization at the time it was organized in early 2005 to a comprehensive
women's political party.
named as Kababaihan para sa Inang Bayan or Kababayan, the organization first focused its efforts in the delivery
of basic services to poor and needy communities thru medical and dental missions, livelihood projects, skills trainings, counseling,
social and political awareness discussions and similar socially relevant programs.
date, the organization’s efforts has benefited more than 45,000 indigents largely women and children in urban poor communities
in Metro Manila, Southern Tagalog, Central Luzon and other parts of the country.
decision to convert the organization into a women’s political party and participate in the party-list election system
stemmed from the realization that the sector needs genuine representation in the House of Representatives.
If elected, BABAE KA could make a difference by bringing direct services to its constituents at
the grassroots level, and mobilizing the women sector in productive and constructive activities that would contribute to nation
building and development.
An economically empowered, politically enlightened
and socially responsible woman for a progressive nation.
To bring women to the forefront in the attainment of progress and
1. Presenting a genuine representation of women with the foremost
aim of helping stir the country towards attainable progress and development;
2. Awakening the women's compassion, gentleness and strength against
poverty, criminality and vices;
3. Harnessing women power in the development and promotion of innate
Filipino virtues of respect to elders and authority, nurturing the youth and family preservation and development;
4. Inculcating self-preservation and respect among women, defending
and upholding women's basic rights, welfare, privileges and freedom from the bondage of a patriarchal society.
BABAE KA (Babae para sa Kaunlaran) is a sectoral women’s party advocating and promoting the rights and welfare
of marginalized and under-privileged Filipino women through participation in the political process and policy reforms,
as well as through direct delivery of basic social services like health, education, livelihood and the like.
membership is composed of women 18 years and above, of varied occupations, educations, interests, ethnic origins, and religious
To develop and implement programs that shall help realize the vision and missions
of Babae Ka through:
- Initiating and fighting for measures that would strengthen action against sexual violence such as rape, prostitution,
sex trafficking, pornography, wife battering and incest
- Conducting information and education campaigns on protection of women from violence, abuse and exploitation
- Fighting for more humane treatment of women prisoners especially pregnant women, nursing mothers, the sick, the physically
weak, elderly, differently-abled, and Muslim women (especially during the Ramadan)
- Facilitating legal assistance, crisis intervention, health care and services, and freedom of choice in family planning
- Conducting and undertaking literacy trainings, various researches on issues on women’s rights, development, and
- Organizing, networking and coordination work
- Social, political, and values education and promotion, pro-active information dissemination
- Development, promotion, and implementation of women based economic enterprises and development
- Institutionalization of dialogue and feedback mechanisms among the Babae Ka members and other women groups